No sound since upgrading to F15

John Aldrich jmaldrich at yahoo.com
Mon May 30 12:08:14 UTC 2011

On Mon May 30 2011, Rick Sewill wrote:
> On Sunday, May 29, 2011 10:59:42 PM John Aldrich wrote:
>
> With the disclaimer, I haven't tried to upgrade to Fedora 15 yet,
> so I am getting my information from my Fedora 14 system,
> I have a question on the alsa-info.sh script output.
>
> I didn't see any "!!Modprobe options (Sound related)" in your output.
> I assume Fedora 15 still needs modprobe options for sound.
>
> I have sound options in my Fedora 14 /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf file.
> ...skip options not related to sound...
> options snd cards_limit=8
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> options snd-hda-intel index=0
> alias snd-card-7 snd-usb-audio
> options snd-usb-audio index=7
>
> I need to repeat the disclaimer, I am still using Fedora 14.
>
> On my Fedora 14 system, alsa-info.sh script output gives the following:
> ...Skip beginning of my output...
> !!Advanced information - PCI Vendor/Device/Susbsystem ID's
> !!--------------------------------------------------------
>
> 00:10.1 0403: 10de:026c (rev a2)
>         Subsystem: 103c:2a45
>

> !!Modprobe options (Sound related)
> !!--------------------------------
>
> snd-hda-intel: index=0
> snd-usb-audio: index=7
>

> !!Loaded sound module options
> ...Skip rest of my output...

Ok... I put the info you had in your local.conf file WRT audio, except for
the USB as I don't have any USB audio. I'm tempted to put an old PCI sound
card in to see if that might help things, but I don't really want to. I
want to figure out what is going on with sound and why it doesn't work now,
but it did before I upgraded to F15!