No ethernet connection -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 30 13:04:05 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 08:19, Rick Sewill wrote:
> On Monday, May 30, 2011 04:35:54 AM Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> New F-15 install.
>>
>>          How is the ethernet connection made/assigned, whatever? I made
>>          some changes via chkconfig and lost eth0 and eth1. Ethtool
>>          simply reports no devices. Is there a routine for setting up
>>          eth"x" or does it just have to happen automatically? That seems
>>          unlikely.
>>
> With the caveat, I am still on Fedora 14 and haven't tried to upgrade yet,
> I assume Fedora 15 still has needed configuration files in /etc/modprobe.d.
>
> What is in your /etc/modprobe.d/local.conf?

        I have no "/etc/modprobe.d/local.conf." There is a
        blacklist.conf, dist-alsa.conf, dist-oss.conf, dist.conf, and
        openfwwf.conf.

        Do I need one? What to do ...

            To add to the confusion my internet connection went out requiring the receiver/modem to be reset downstairs. Hope it's Wildblue and not my equipment! Has happened several times in the last few days.

        Bob

        .