Fastest shutdown or what?

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Mon May 30 17:12:39 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 01:01 PM, Joe Feely wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 05:35 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> On 05/30/2011 11:58 AM, Joe Feely wrote:
>
> which looks a lot like I have autologin set up.
>
> I don't recall intending to set this up!
>

> Can I simple rename a copy of this file, and delete the 2 Auto...
> lines? Or will that have unwanted surprises in store for me?
>
> Thanks again,
> Joe

 Yes you can indeed just edit that out ... I assume there is no magic
[gd]conf registry somewhere -- there wasn't for f14 anyway ... the error
you mention - did you google the phrase ? it could have to do with lvm
or raid ... which you may not have.

 I assume when you shutdown you press escape key to watch the individual
messages as it shuts down ...