Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon May 30 18:31:14 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 10:44 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> Based on this experience I'm loathe to recommend Fedora 15,
> and I suspect that even a Fedora 15 DVD install will give the same
> result.

Going from a specific example to a general rule is called "inductive
reasoning," and it's generally a Good Thing.  Coming to the conclusion
that Fedora 15 Just Doesn't Work from a sample of one computer,
especially as there are tens of thousands (at least) of counter
examples, simply isn't justified.  I'm sure that there are a large
number of people on this list ready and willing to help you (and more at
fedoraforum.org) but you're going to have to cut back on the hysteria
and give us some details.  HTH, HAND.