KVM x VirtualBox

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:46:37 UTC 2011

On Mon, May 30, 2011 at 15:41,  <fernando at lozano.eti.br> wrote:
> I was hoping someone with actual experience running a recent VirtualBox on Fedora would step in and either tell "it's ok to use the Oracle repos" or "using the Oracle repos causes X, you have to do Y do workaround or use the repos from Y as they already solve X".

Oracle provides RPM builds for Fedora 15, along with Ubuntu all the
way back to Hardy Heron, the last two Debian versions, along with the
last 4 Red Hat server versions, amont others.

That´s what the Oracle repos for Fedora provides.

In other words, if you enable the Oracle repos, you won´t get a
package that has not been built and tested for your distro. If you
change or upgrade Linux version and Oracle does not provide a build
for it, yum (or apt-get) won´t download it.

That´s how I believe things work.

FC