Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING!

n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 at ntlworld.com
Mon May 30 19:09:58 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 19:50, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 05/30/2011 04:11 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
>> To anyone trying to upgrade from Fedora 14 to Fedora 15, DON'T EVEN
>> TRY!!! I've just tried and have had numerous problems, finally resulting
>> in being unable to boot up any kernel version at all, using inittab mode
>> 1,3, or 5. In view of this it appears I will have to reinstall Fedora 14.
>>

> Just took a F14 system to F15 using "preupgrade".  ZERO problems.
>
> Maybe you should think twice before spreading FUD?

I wish I could say the same, it's failed twice for me now, even from a
minimal Fedora 14 KDE reinstall/update. Might be FUD in your world,but I
hope for your sake you never come across a similar problem. Rest assured
if our places are ever reversed you will have my sympathy,and not FUD.
Oh, by the way I am jealous!