Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Mon May 30 21:54:52 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 02:30 PM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> Well, I could say the same, but this problem is an order of magnitude
> more complicated than anything I have experienced using Fedora in 8+
> years, is that chicken little?.

Yes, it is.  Starting out with the assumption that F15 is at fault --
not F15 Alpha, not F15 Beta or a Release Candidate, but the fully-tested
"ready for prime time" version of F15 -- instead of something at your
end is completely unrealistic.  If there were something so badly wrong
with F15 that it wasn't ready to be installed on anybody's computer
without major risks, it would never have been released.  And,
considering how many early adopters there are, this mailing list and the
support forum at fedoraforum.org would be jammed with reports of this
happening.  They aren't.  I'm not saying that this was caused by
anything you did wrong, because at present there's no evidence to
suggest that; in fact, there's an almost complete lack of evidence as to
just what happened, even though you've not only been asked for it,
you've been told how to collect it.  Now, the only question is, do you
want help or do you just want to complain?