Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING!

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Mon May 30 22:02:23 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 03:09 AM, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> I wish I could say the same, it's failed twice for me now, even from a
> minimal Fedora 14 KDE reinstall/update. Might be FUD in your world,but I
> hope for your sake you never come across a similar problem. Rest assured
> if our places are ever reversed you will have my sympathy,and not FUD.
> Oh, by the way I am jealous!

Make no mistake, you have my sympathies.  As you may find out, if you
read another response here, I recently ended up with a system that
wouldn't boot to level 5 after doing what should have been a routine
"yum install".

While it is only my opinion, posting as you did in CAPS telling everyone
not to attempt an upgrade is to be avoided.