No ethernet connection Solved -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon May 30 22:04:13 UTC 2011

On 30/05/11 08:22, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 30/05/11 13:19, Rick Sewill wrote:
> <snip>

        After re-installing F-15 and losing all my earlier configuration
        work I still had no ethernet connection! The reason was that,
        for reasons I don't recall, I had enabled the main board
        ethernet port in the BIOS set-up. I disabled that and the
        gigabit NIC I normally use worked again.

        I've spent this afternoon installing applications and
        configuring things as I want them and so far everything works
        better than before. I now get a smooth text boot with no pauses.
        Once I finish setting up that computer I will install F15 on
        this one. I always use XFCE so the Gnome changes don't affect me.

        Thanks for the help.

        Bob