Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Tue May 31 01:00:37 UTC 2011

On 05/30/2011 08:40 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Michael Schwendt wrote:
>
>> Updating the F14 prior to upgrading it to F15 may be a mistake
>> already, given that F14 updates may be newer than F15 release. Do you
>> enable the "updates" network repo during F15 upgrade?
>
> Is that true?
> I thought I'd read somewhere that one should update the old system
> before upgrading?

 yes, he (Michael) is correct - imagine an important update is available
but F15 has gone gold and is frozen - no prob it goes into F15 updates -
and its important so it goes into F14 as well ... now your F14 is ahead
of the released F15 ... until you run an update on F15 or include the
updates repo during the install/upgrade process.

 At least that is my understanding.

 The more time passes since the release the worse this problem may get
because there is no official re-spin of F15.

 What I do - is use mock/pungi to build a fully updated DVD (personal
re-spin) and install from there ...