Why no icons? Was, Re: How to switch back to metacity

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:25:22 UTC 2011

On Sat, 28 May 2011 14:54:16 -0400, SV wrote:

> And I still find no equivalent settings for having my input focus follow the
> mouse pointer, and for windows to autoraise upon gaining focus.

Ironically, these old settings do still work in GNOME Shell, too:

  gconftool-2 --set -t bool /apps/metacity/general/auto_raise true
  gconftool-2 --set -t int /apps/metacity/general/auto_raise_delay 700
  gconftool-2 --set -t string /apps/metacity/general/focus_mode mouse

And no, it's not (!) fallback mode here.