F15: Lock Screen is not working...

sguazt marco.guazzone at gmail.com
Tue May 31 13:56:07 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Hiisi <hiisi at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 31 May 2011 17:18, sguazt <marco.guazzone at gmail.com> wrote:
> <--SNIP-->
>> Thank you for the feedback.
>> Is there a place (like a conf file) where I can look?
>>
>> With gconf-editor I see:
>>
>> /apps/gnome_settings_daemon/screensaver
>>   start_screensaver: checked
>>
>> /apps/totem/plugins/screensaver
>>   actuve: checked
>>
>> /apps/gnome-screensaver:
>>   idle_activation_enabled: checked
>>   idle_delay: 1
>>   lock_enabled: unchecked
>>   mode: single
>>   themes: [screensavers-popsquares]
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> -- Marco
>
> I have nothing of the mentioned above under apps folder in
> gconf-editor. Is it upgrade or fresh install? Mine is all-stock
> brand-new F15 installed from live-CD. I installed it a few weeks ago
> when it still was a beta (or rc1? I don't remember exactly). I have no
> additional repos installed.

Well... It is a mix.
For what regards packages and root partition, it is a fresh new F15
(release version) installed from DVD iso.
However for what regards /home partition, I'm using the one coming
from F14, F13 and F12
Till F14, I used to run OpenBox (without GNOME but only with
gnome-settings-daemon) and xscreensaver.

Thanks,

-- Marco