Yum update from Fedora 14 -> 15 WARNING! UPDATE

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Tue May 31 13:56:49 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 02:26 -0500, Alex wrote:
> Thanks! I'm glad there is some form of an upgrade method. I've usually
> just reformatted for other distros, but it's nice to have another
> option.

Be warned, however, that preupgrade requires more than 512MB RAM (I
think 768MB is enough).  After the reboot, the system hangs if there's
not enough memory.  Rebooting again brings up the un-upgraded system.
The yum upgrade should work without booting to an installer, so should
work in limited memory.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences