Making a livecd iso - for f15 but from within f14?

mike cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Tue May 31 14:07:47 UTC 2011

Does anyone know if it is possible to make a livecd iso for f15 by
running livecd-creator from an f14 system?

I did try to create a mock-chroot for an f15 environment in a running
f14 system, and building from there after installing livecd-tools and
spin-kickstarts in the chroot - but it failed

(The terminal had the following if it is any help:

mock-chroot> livecd-creator -v --logfile /tmp/livecd-creator.log -c
/usr/share/spin-kickstarts/fedora-livecd-desktop.ks
Using label 'fedora-livecd--i686-201105311432' and name
'livecd-fedora-livecd-desktop-201105311432'
/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pykickstart/commands/partition.py:251:
UserWarning: A partition with the mountpoint / has already been
defined.
  warnings.warn(_("A partition with the mountpoint %s has already been
defined.") % pd.mountpoint)
Extending sparse file /var/tmp/imgcreate-wg9ZNc/tmp-hHHNkr/ext3fs.img
to 4294967296
losetup: Could not find any loop device. Maybe this kernel does not know
       about the loop device? (If so, recompile or `modprobe loop'.)
Error creating Live CD : Failed to loopback mount
'/var/tmp/imgcreate-wg9ZNc/tmp-hHHNkr/ext3fs.img' : Failed to allocate
loop device for '/var/tmp/imgcreate-wg9ZNc/tmp-hHHNkr/ext3fs.img'
mock-chroot>
)

I guess this indicates I can't do it from within mock?

This same system is able to run f15 install iso builds using pungi
within a mock chroot without any problem.

I guess that from a running f15 system, it is possible to use
livecd-creator running as root from some starting directory to create
a livecd - the reason I want to do this is to have a livecd with a UK
keyboard as the default, but built with my own package list. But my
build machine is running f14 and not f15!

Thanks for any hints to resolve this.
--
mike c