Not enough info, so no point

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Tue May 31 20:11:34 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 10:54 AM, JD wrote:
> Keep posting your problem along with
> more information such as messages in /var/log/messages
> which might shed some light on the nature of the
> problem you are facing.

Exactly.  Just claiming that it's impossible to upgrade from F14 to F15
(Especially, I might add, when there are tens of thousands of
counter-examples.) and ignoring all the suggestions made as to how to
get us the information needed to help you isn't going to get you any
help.  If you want the members of this list to give you help, you have
to give them the information they need so that they can (maybe) figure
out what went wrong.  Posting your smolt profile is probably the only
substantive information you've offered, but you expect us to pull a
solution to your upgrade woes out of a hat.

And, you also have to remember that you're not paying for this
assistance.  Those of us reading this list are offering help *for free*
because we want to.  There's nothing in the world compelling us to help
people who won't cooperate, so next time you ask for assistance, leave
your "I'm entitled to this" attitude at the door.