F15 doesn't believe my hardware clock uses local time

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue May 31 20:26:21 UTC 2011

On my laptop, it seems that at every boot the clock is offseted by my
timezone.

Date/Time properties shows "System clock uses UTC" unchecked. This is a dual-
boot with WinXP, so I must keep the bios clock on local time. Yet, it seems
that when I boot the bios clock is read as UTC nevertheless.

Before I begin a long and painful adventure in pulling apart with what's
happening with systemd/initscripts, anyone has any clues where I should look?