R: Re: F15- IMPORTANT Network Manager

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue May 31 21:09:55 UTC 2011

On Tue, 31 May 2011 15:46:00 +0200 (CEST), AMI wrote:

> surprising that nobody removed package from repo, causing problems to
> everybody updating!!!! and for a newbie can be a very big problem, unless
> Fedora is for geek

It is not a problem for "everybody".

Whether NM fails or continues to work is configuration dependent. In this
case, the very limited testing has been entirely insufficient. Fedora will
need to find ways how to improve in this area. It should not be possible
for so few people to rush out a critical path update.

My primary machine is not affected either, for example, but if I had been
given a chance to try out the NM update while it was sitting in
updates-testing for just four hours, I would not have given it a +1 in
bodhi because the update touches more features than what I would have
tested.

No comment on removing released so-called "stable" packages from a repo,
since I think it would be fruitless to discuss that on this list.