F15 doesn't believe my hardware clock uses local time

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Tue May 31 14:06:01 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-31 at 16:26 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> On my laptop, it seems that at every boot the clock is offseted by my
> timezone.
>
> Date/Time properties shows "System clock uses UTC" unchecked. This is a dual-
> boot with WinXP, so I must keep the bios clock on local time. Yet, it seems
> that when I boot the bios clock is read as UTC nevertheless.

I have a similar problem with Fedora 14. It displays time different from
the Ubuntu installation on another drive.
Fedora is showing 3 min past midnight and Ubuntu before reboot to Fedora
showed 2 minutes past 10 am same day.
neither use UTC and it's only happened since installing Fedora 14.
 It has  me puzzled.
Roger