Drawer in xfce?

suvayu ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 16:55:21 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 17:21, Beartooth <beartooth at comcast.net> wrote:
> (with which I color-code several different
> profiles, so that I'm always aware whether I'm root, and whether I'm
> actually on some other machine)

This suggestion is off-topic, but I thought it might be of interest
given the above comment. You can customise your shell prompt by
setting the PS1 variable to your liking. That way you are independent
of the particular xterm-like application you are using as your virtual
terminal.

For details about the customisation syntax see PROMPTING in `man
bash'. You can add many more things to the prompt like colourising
with colour escape sequences. A few web searches should be enough to
find out more.

--
Suvayu