Constructing Grid on Fedora

Abu Attar Musharih abuattar.musharih at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 00:20:33 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:02 PM, Joachim Backes
<joachim.backes at rhrk.uni-kl.de> wrote:

> Hi Abu Attar Musharih,
>
> First of all, I don't think that a grid is the right instrument for
> running processes using a MPI model (this is more thread based, or, if
> using a cluster, based on a  RPC model for example). Or look at
> *www.mosix.org*.
> For cluster software, you could use Scientific linux or Rocks Clusters
> Linux. I made good experience in managing a cluster with Rocks Clusters
> Linux, based on CentOS (www.rocksclusters.org).

Thanks for the response. You are completely right, but for my main
objective which is more on a proof-of-concept and learning the grid
technology, perhaps this is the way to go.

> Additionally, in my opinion, the Fedora user list is not really a good
> contact for your grid question. I'm sure there is a appropriate Q&A page
> at globus.org (the messages listed below are not system specific enough)
> - it seems to be a middleware problem.

Seing that the globus toolkit is available from the fedora repo, I
assume that there must be some members who can provide some
explanation.

Best regards,
Abu Attar