Fedora 16 grub2-mkconfig

Ian Chapman packages at amiga-hardware.com
Thu Nov 3 10:46:56 UTC 2011

On 03/11/11 17:12, Nicolae Ghimbovschi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need help with a GRUB2 issue.
>
> Yesterday I did a preupgrade from F15 to F16.
>
> I've added a new custom menu entry for grub in /etc/grub.d/40_custom
>
> After running grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg, I saw that
> /boot/grub2/grub.cfg was not updated.

Not sure if you're seeing the same issue I had, but I had a similar
problem with grub2 a week or two back. The cfg file was not getting
updated. I tracked it down to a bug in this file

/etc/grub.d/30_os-prober

It made reference to grub-probe when it should have been grub2-probe.
This was causing grub2-mkconfig to fail to update the file (without an
error message too). Replacing grub-probe with grub2-probe in that file
might help.

Alternatively adding the following to /etc/grub/default will disable the
os prober (if you don't need it anyway, ie if you're not dual/tripple
booting etc)

GRUB_DISABLE_OS_PROBER=true

--
Ian Chapman.