F14 installed chromium, but it won't start [SOLVED]

jackson byers byersjab at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 21:45:55 UTC 2011

I used  the same fix per Lancebxxx that cured a nonstarting
google-chrome, ~1 month ago

for chromium these 2 commands worked:

[root at f14 ~]# semanage fcontext -a  -s system_u  -t usr_t
/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox
[root at f14 ~]# restorecon -v /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox
restorecon reset /usr/lib/chromium-browser/chrome-sandbox context
system_u:object_r:chrome_sandbox_exec_t:s0->system_u:object_r:usr_t:s0
[root at f14 ~]#

I went to chromium   because I was experiencing other difficulties
with  chrome, system hanging....

Jack