JDK 7 status and IcedTea

fernando at lozano.eti.br fernando at lozano.eti.br
Fri Nov 4 14:05:28 UTC 2011

Hi there,

I saw messages on the archives stating that OpenJDK 7 would be the default
Java for Fedora, such as:
http://osdir.com/ml/fedora-devel-list/2011-08/msg01586.html

But the features page states that OpenJDK 6 will be the default, which
OpenJDK 7 as an optional preview:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Java7

Which is correct? There was any FESCo decision about this?

I also see that we have IcedTea 2.0. Will Fedora OpenJDK 7 be based on
IcedTea 2 or on java.net OpenJDK 7 sources?

And what about certification? Is there a TCK for Java 7? Will OpenJDK 7 on
Fedora be certified for Fedora 16 at release or at a later update?
[]s, Fernando Lozano