question(s) on Brassero (maybe bug)

Paul Allen Newell pnewell at cs.cmu.edu
Fri Nov 4 22:18:18 UTC 2011

On 11/4/2011 4:53 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

> I normally use GnomeBreaker to burn CD/DVDs. The windows
> compatibility mode (Juliet file system) is enabled by default. So is
> the Rockridge file system for Linux name support. You can still read
> CD/DVDs without the Rockridge file system. Linux know about the
> Juliet extension to the standard CD/DVD file format. You just do not
> get the Unix file attributes.
>
> Mikkel
> - --

Mikkel:

Thanks for advice. I am presuming you meant Gnomebaker, not Gnomebreaker?

Yeah, the prompt is confusing and it caused me to focus on the 64
character length issue (I know I have some long names in the directory
tree that come in under Nero 97 char limit which I thought was Joliet
limit). I haven't heard the name Rockridge, but googling it makes it
clear that I've been dealing with at least some aspects of it thinking
they were part of Joliet.

Paul