gnomebaker [WAS: Re: question(s) on Brasero (maybe bug)]

Don Quixote de la Manvha quixote at dulcineatech.com
Sat Nov 5 04:50:21 UTC 2011

At one time gnome and kde did not interoperate well because of different conventions for some GUI stuff like the clipboard but those were harmonized long ago.

You don't need all of kde, just the dependencies.

Your problem may be that you are exceeding the maximum length for an absolute pathname on Windows.  On UNIX-like systems that length is given by the MAXPATH macro in some C header file.  I think the POSIX MAXPATH is 1024, but I would expect the Windows maximum to be less.

If Windows does have such a maximum path length, the msdn website should tell you what it is.

The ISO 9660 format is quite primitive, as the low-level storage only allows for what you could store on media filesystems.  If you don't think the path length is the culprit, give UDF a try.

Sent from my iPhone