Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

JB jb.1234abcd at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:45:22 UTC 2011

Hi,

Ext3, ext4, xfs and btrfs filesystems comparison on Linux kernel 3.0.0

http://www.ilsistemista.net/index.php/linux-a-unix/21-ext3-ext4-xfs-and-btrfs-filesystems-comparison-on-linux-kernel-300.html

Various tests show ext3 and ext4 are the leaders, with btrfs in last place
(also using way more CPU than the others).
Obviously something is going wrong ...
Are we in a "progress"-in-reverse mode in fs land ?

Could we ask btrfs devs to present their own test results ?

After SELinux straitjacket, GNOME 3 stroke of genius, and Systemd's search for
God particle, everybody else in the Twilight Zone is following downhill ...

Perhaps you could make your statement in the upcoming Fedora Project Board and
FESCo elections ?

JB