An idea: good for community implementation

Michael Ekstrand michael at elehack.net
Sun Nov 6 14:37:59 UTC 2011

On 11/06/2011 07:21 AM, Linux Tyro wrote:
> Fedora should celebrate every year its birth-day, like having a great
> party and celebration of its success and an optional party for all to
> attend (people attending with their own money of travel) and so it
> becomes more like that of 'a great achievement', how this idea is?

I think this already happens, except twice a year rather than once -
every release. When a new Fedora version is released, there are parties
around the world for Fedora users and developers to gather and
celebrate. Not all in one place, but the distributed nature seems to be
more consistent with how Fedora, and free/open source software in
general, work. And I'm sure that if you happened to be halfway around
the world and dropped in on a release party, people would be thrilled.

For more on release parties, see the info in the wiki, including lists
of past and upcoming release parties:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_Party

Best,
- Michael