Thanks to Fedora community; Installation & Disk Partitioning ISSUE

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Sun Nov 6 14:43:43 UTC 2011

On Sat, 2011-11-05 at 08:55 -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 11/05/2011 08:42 AM, Greg Woods wrote:
>  The master boot block contains pointers to the /home boot
> > configuration that has nothing in it but chainloaders. Then grub inside
> > Fedora is installed only on the Fedora root partition
>
> Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to put this on a /boot partition where
> it belongs?

The /boot partition is where Fedora boots from. It contains a
grub/grub.conf file for booting various Fedora kernels. I need some
other partition to use for the main boot loader.

There are certainly other ways of organizing the system to do the same
kind of chainloader thing. I don't claim my way is the absolute best,
but it works for me.

--Greg