Thanks to Fedora community; Installation & Disk Partitioning ISSUE

Greg Woods woods at ucar.edu
Sun Nov 6 19:00:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 04:51 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-11-06 at 07:43 -0700, Greg Woods wrote:
> > The /boot partition is where Fedora boots from. It contains a
> > grub/grub.conf file for booting various Fedora kernels. I need some
> > other partition to use for the main boot loader.
>
> You can have more than one boot partition

True enough, but again, the first time I did this was on a system that
didn't have any extra partitions or free space, so creating another
partition specifically to hold boot files wasn't an option (short of
dumping an entire FS, shrinking the partition to create space for
another partition, rebuilding the file system, and restoring the data.
That option just didn't really occur to me). I agree that, all other
things being equal, that would be a better way to do it.

--Greg