Thanks to Fedora community; Installation & Disk Partitioning ISSUE

Linux Tyro fedora.bkn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 06:47:16 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 9:47 AM, Greg Woods <woods at ucar.edu> wrote:

All this was just an answer to the question "why would anybody ever want
> to boot from /home". I don't claim this is the optimal setup.

Yes, it was just a question for information point of view, and now cleared
that /home is for the data storage purpose and separate so that newer
installation(s) / up-gradation(s) doesn't show any data loss - that's why.

However, people with their different intention(s) separate even /var, /tmp,
/boot with their personal choice. I cannot do that until I get my legs
weight a little!

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Greg Woods <woods at ucar.edu> wrote:

Yes, unfortunately, whether Linux suspend and/or hibernate will work
> well is a function of exactly what hardware you have. I think it's
> gotten a lot better, and it works on most anything I have tried it with,
> but as you point out, there are still some laptops where it just doesn't
> work.

Hibernation and Suspension of distro -- these options are a little typical
for me at least, I just either logout or Shut down.

Logout - The current user logs out of the session.
Restart - To restart the computer to get back the session.
Shutdown - The machine is off now.

IN the definitions of the above form (the above three) can simple tell me
the same about 'Hibernate' and 'Suspend', as simple as written above so
that the broader non technical community can understand?

--
THX