Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:32:38 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 12:13, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> Fernando Cassia wrote:
> > Where are all the btrfs data loss horror stories?.
>
> Google search "corrupted btrfs volume: parent transid verify" to answer
> your question.

You mean things can go wrong like in ext4?

http://martincarstenbach.wordpress.com/2011/11/04/an-interesting-problem-with-ext4-on-oracle-linux-5-5/

"Some Funtoo core devs are using BTRFS for many months and no major
glitches have been reported so far (except an non-aligned memory access
trap on SPARC64 in a checksum calculation routine)"

http://www.funtoo.org/wiki/BTRFS_Fun

Seems like there´s less scaremongering on Gentoo/Funtoo than in Fedora -at
least they´re not afraid to try new things-, maybe I should switch over now
that Fedora has become CentOS...

OK, I won´t comment further on this thread, as I think each side has stated
its views and fears.

FC