Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Nov 7 15:50:39 UTC 2011

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> Seems like there´s less scaremongering on Gentoo/Funtoo than in Fedora
> -at least they´re not afraid to try new things-, maybe I should switch
> over now that Fedora has become CentOS...

FYI: I run btrfs with Fedora on two machines and report to the btrfs
list my findings. I look forward to btrfs being the default in Fedora,
but the *default* file system needs to be in a similar state to a
production-ready file system. Why do you think it is a good idea to make
btrfs the default when there is no fsck tool?

P.S. You can install Fedora to btrfs today. Download an F15 image and
select btrfs in the installer.

P.P.S. The only fear-monger is you. Have fun with Gentoo!