Is btrfs ready to be default fs in F17 ?

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 07:05:19 UTC 2011

2011/11/7 Fernando Cassia <fcassia at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 11:41, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> a untested filesystem
>
> BTRFS is not untested.
> http://btrfs.boxacle.net/repository/single-disk/Initial-compare/Initial-Compare-Single_disk_Large_file_creates_num_threads=8.html
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/btrfs/dist/documentation/benchmark.html
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=btrfs_lzo_2638&num=1
> "The LZO compression support for Btrfs was developed by Fujitsu and was
> added since the LZO algorithm is designed to be much faster than gzip"
> So, Oracle, Fujitso and others testing this filesystems are morons, and
> others like horonix are not actually testing anything.... fine.  I get the
> message by now.

running a few tests in labs e.g. for generating benchmark results is
not the same as testing for stability.  i am really curious if your
statements are irony or meant seriously. how many machines with how
much storage and how much io do you run with it for what timeframe?

> Where are all the btrfs data loss horror stories?.

tried google?

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl