Using Crosstool with SCTP

Vishwas Dubey dubey.vishwas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 08:09:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have a problem with building my SCTP program using crosstool. Please let
me know how to configure to be able to build SCTP program by crosstool. I
get the following error while building my SCTP program:-

sctpsrvr.c:18:26: error: netinet/sctp.h: No such file or directory
sctpsrvr.c: In function 'main':
sctpsrvr.c:25: error: storage size of 'initmsg' isn't known
sctpsrvr.c:45: error: 'SCTP_INITMSG' undeclared (first use in this function)
sctpsrvr.c:45: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
sctpsrvr.c:45: error: for each function it appears in.)

I am using FC14. Please note that I am able to compile and run my SCTP
program without using crosstool. Also, I am not using lksctp-tools for
SCTP. I am using SCTP as a kernel built in module that comes with kernel
for FC14. I have been able to install SCTP headers on my system, so they
end up in /usr/include/netinet/, but I am not sure how to install them for
the crosstool toolchain. I even tried to replace netinet/sctp.h with
/usr/include/netinet/sctp.h but I got the exact same error as above. I am
not sure, how to fix this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Vishwas