F16--Something went wrong in Gnome...

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Wed Nov 9 00:15:15 UTC 2011

On 11/08/2011 04:10 PM, antonio montagnani wrote:
> I rebooted disabling Selinux on the command line and I could use Gnome,
> then I restarted and system relabeled all files and I could login in Gnome.
> No idea what was going on, but that's it

I'm glad you found it.  The reason I asked was that I've seen people
blame SELinux for random problems so often without the slightest
evidence that it's involved that I tend to be skeptical about such
claims unless there are alerts.  BTW, when you were using KDE did you
check the troubleshooter for alerts?  I'm not sure if they'd still be
there at this point, but it would be nice to know if there were any and
what they were.