Aaugh! Worthless disk device screen is back!

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 00:44:32 UTC 2011

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 17:36:35 -0700
Pete Travis wrote:

> I use and appreciate this feature.  Its comforting to know that the
> installer won't mess with disks I tell it not to, and some have mounting
> requirements I don't want to address until after the install.

I have disks I don't want the installer to mess with as well,
but I just don't pick partitions on those disks and tell it
to format them (on the screen I get to later).

I can't imagine how the information available on that first
screen allows anyone to select the disks they actually want.
It seems to be a complete waste of time and addition of confusion
for no benefit.