Printing does not work after preupgrade to F16

Benjamin benjamin10 at gmx.at
Wed Nov 9 20:25:03 UTC 2011

Hi Memebers!

I encountered the following problem. I hope that someone can help me.
Yesterday i made the preupgarde from F15 to F16, which worked quite
good, but it installed Gnome Desktop, which was not in my sense. So i did
yum groupremove Gnome Desktop enviroment
this removed all the packages from gnome.
After this i did:
yum groupinstall KDE
Which installed KDE.

Now: If i lof in as root or as a user, i cannot print. I see the
printers (except in thunderbird and firefox), but when i press "print"
nothing happens.
So i thought of looking into the printer configurations, but when i try
to open the printer configs gui the following error is said:

Printerconfigurations has no interface "KCModule" with the key
"system-config-printer-kde/system-config-printer-kde.py" The factory
does not support the creation of components of the mentioned type.

(translated from German to English by me).

Note: The last time i did change my desktop from Gnome to KDE with the
above mentioned method, printing worked perfectely. So i think, that
there might have happened system with the preupgrade.

Thx. for help, Benjamin.

PRinter: HP Officejet 6500