uid1000: How to install F16 with custom login.defs

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:26:09 UTC 2011

2011/11/9 Mattias Hellström <hellstrom.mattias at gmail.com>:
>> Why can't you do it in %post?  This is exactly the type of thing it
>> was intended for.
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart#Chapter_5._Post-installation_Script
>>
>> -T.C.
>> --
> %post is run after all packages are installed? So by then its too late
> to inject logon.defs.

Ugh, I forgot some system daemons will be installed and eat UIDs
between 500-1000.  Including your own shadow-utils with a modified
login.defs is probably the best solution.

Ideally, authconfig would gain an option to do this so that line of
the kickstart could modify it.  (Although anaconda might run that too
late too, I don't know.)

-T.C.