F15_64: network stopped working

Michael D. Berger m.d.berger at ieee.org
Wed Nov 9 21:57:43 UTC 2011

In my F15_64 box, the network suddenly stopped working.
Pinging my local router fails.  It is not hardware,
because I was when I loaded a rescue system, I was able
to ping the router.  "ping 127.0.0.1" works.

  cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
  ifup p4p1

 results in:
 ERROR  :  .../ifup-eth] Device p4p1 does not seem to be present ...

I do not use NetworkManager, but this is not new.

I note that I was testing a libipq program, but this is
now shut off.  Ping also failed with iptables stopped.

I am also failing systemd logging, but the message indicated
that this could be caused by the network failure.

Thanks for your suggestions on what to do next.

Mike.
--
Michael D. Berger
m.d.berger at ieee.org