F16--Something went wrong in Gnome...

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at alice.it
Thu Nov 10 06:28:40 UTC 2011

Tim ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on 10/11/2011 06:16:
> Niels Weber:
>>> I did a
>>> touch /.autorelabel
>>> and rebooted.
>>> I think it said something about rebuilding the targeted setup and it
>>> took quite some time.
>

> Antonio M:
>> I would disable (not permissive) Selinux, boot, then enable again and
>> reboot again, in order to have labeling at boot-time.
>> Just a shot in the dark (but it is what I did)
>
> Why??
>
> Touching the /.autorelabel file will force a relable on a reboot.
> Nothing else is required to make it happen.  There's no need to go
> through your additional shenanigans to do the same thing.
>
> And doing a relabel twice is hardly likely to produce a different
> result.

because I am not sure that he effectively switched from Selinux=targeted
to Selinux=disabled (maybe he left permissive) and he should have
relabelled effectively: and for a standard user I guess that the
graphical procedure and rebooting is far easier than the command line.
That's it

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52