limitations of fedorapeople.org

Danishka Navin danishka at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 06:44:02 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Kalpa Welivitigoda <callkalpa at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:54 AM, Danishka Navin <danishka at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi Kalpa,
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:49 AM, Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
> > <callkalpa at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I want to download F16 and currently my internet connection doesn't
> >> allow to download large files.
> >
> > I can give you a copy of Fedora 16 liveCD and IveDVD download is in
> > progress.
> > I will give a LiveDVD copy once the download is completed.
> >

> The thing is I'm at the uni and won't be able to go home for a while
> due to the exams

I do not mind if you use the hosting spaces of either sf.net or ibiblio or
LEARN (learn.ac.lk) provided for the  Hanthana Project. :)
I think this will help to many of university students.

Btw, since we have a fedora mirror at LEARN all the Universities can
downloaded it faster.
Its matter of using local IP (from your university)

anyway I could not find the ISO file at learn server. [1]
Let me contact them
[1] http://mirror.learn.ac.lk/fedora/releases/16/Fedora/i386/iso/