problem with fedora 15 - 16 : TPM device not found

Patrick Lists fedora-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 10 11:04:14 UTC 2011

On 11/10/2011 11:16 AM, Arindam Choudhury wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I tried to install (dual boot with windows 7) Fedora (15/16) the
> installation procedure stops complaining "TPM device not found,
> activating TPM bypass" and the system freezes.
>
> When I locked the Wi-Fi interface from bios, the installation completes.
> But the Wi-Fi card becomes unavailable in both windows and linux.
>
> How to resolve this issue?

When it was frozen did you leave it alone and wait 10 minutes to see if
the install process continues after a while?

If you see that the installation process continues after a while then
try booting the F15/F16 DVD with the following added to the kernel boot
line: tpm_tis.interrupts=0

And try again.

Regards,
Patrick