F16--Something went wrong in Gnome...

Niels Weber nathelbiya at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:38:05 UTC 2011

2011/11/9 Daniel J Walsh <dwalsh at redhat.com>:
> On 11/09/2011 11:26 AM, Antonio M wrote:

>>> I did a touch /.autorelabel and rebooted. I think it said
>>> something about rebuilding the targeted setup and it took quite
>>> some time.
>>>
>>> Niels -- Ama-Gi! -- users mailing list
>>> users at lists.fedoraproject.org To unsubscribe or change
>>> subscription options:
>>> Guidelines:
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines
>>>

>> I would disable (not permissive) Selinux, boot, then enable again
>> and reboot again, in order to have labeling at boot-time. Just a
>> shot in the dark (but it is what I did)
>>
>> Antonio Montagnani Skype : amontag52 SIP: antoniomontag at ekiga.net
>> Linux Fedora 15 Lovelock
>

> You should not need to do this.  What avc messages are you seeing in
> the audit.log?

The only thing I see that happens at the right time is this entry in
/var/log/messages:

Nov 10 13:25:53 numenor kernel: [20888.947632] type=1400
audit(1320927953.340:27): avc:  denied  { ioctl } for  pid=12966
comm="gnome-shell" path="/dev/nvidiactl" dev=devtmpfs ino=18101
scontext=system_u:system_r:xdm_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023
tcontext=system_u:object_r:device_t:s0 tclass=chr_file

I remember that there was a similar problem with the last release.
What am I to do? Relabelling didn't help so far.

Niels