limitations of fedorapeople.org

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Thu Nov 10 17:32:06 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 22:12 +0530, Kalpa Welivitigoda wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 9:48 PM, suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 07:19, Kalpa Pathum Welivitigoda
> > <callkalpa at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> I want to download F16 and currently my internet connection doesn't
> >> allow to download large files. The maximum allowable size is 50MB a
> >> file.
> >
> > Even if you manage to download the iso, how will you update it? There
> > are several packages larger than 50 MB. Anyway, if updating works you
> > can try the netinstall image to install over the network.
> >

> I didn't get you clearly. But I guess you are thinking that I'll
> download the individual packages. Nope I'm not doing it that way. I
> want to download the iso, one file and want it split to small files.

Could you try an http install so only have to download a
netinstall.iso/boot.iso and let it download/install over the internet?
That takes care of one box until get hands on an iso or dvd or something
(hell can someone mail a dvd to you? lol)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"The best town on Earth!"