Copyright notice on fedoraproject.org

Peter Larsen plarsen at famlarsen.homelinux.com
Thu Nov 10 19:50:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 05:12 +1030, Tim wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 09:06 -0500, Peter Larsen wrote:
> > Does the year in the copy right notice mean anything these days? I've
> > noticed on some fedoraproject.org pages the (c) notice still say 2010 -
> > even though we're about done with 2011.
> >
> > Example (bottom/footer of the page):
> > http://torrent.fedoraproject.org/
> > https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb
>
> Well, if the information on the pages hasn't been changed since the date
> was written on them, then there's no reason to change the date.  And,
> really speaking, it'd be dishonest to keep changing the date on static
> pages.  The date merely points out when the information was copyrighted.

I can't speak for the admin/pkgdb page, but we just posted new torrents
for F16. And since 2010 we did that for F15 too. That would be changes?

Anyway - I don't know the legal implications. I suspect there are none
here and the year doesn't matter at all. I just wanted to report the
'issue'.

--
Regards
  Peter Larsen

Wise words of the day:
/*
 *     Please skip to the bottom of this file if you ate lunch recently
 *                             -- Alan
 */
	-- from Linux kernel pre-2.1.91-1