Monitor hardware RAID on IBM Express x3550 in F14

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Fri Nov 11 13:47:50 UTC 2011

On 11/11/2011 01:17 PM, Craig White wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-11 at 11:11 +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
>> Hi folks.
>>
>> I'm using the built in hardware RAID on my server and have had to swap out one
>> of the mirrored drives. Are there any utilities / methods of monitoring the
>> hardware RAID while it rebuilds the mirror?
> ----
> that would necessarily have to come from the hardware vendor
>
> Craig

If it's a serveraid card then some of the RAID status information is
available via ipmi. The ipmi-sensors command (part of freeipmi) should
be able to display drive status and overall RAID error status.

If you don't mind using the vendor's proprietary tools then either IBM's
ServeRAID manager or Adaptec's own raid management tool should work with
these cards.

Regards,
Bryn.