Monitor hardware RAID on IBM Express x3550 in F9

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Nov 11 14:29:13 UTC 2011

Firstly, I made a mistake. This is a FC9 system, not FC14.

I tried installing freeipmi but it didn't give me the ipmitool command.
I uninstalled that and installed OpenIPMI and OpenIPMI-tools

However, when I ran the command suggested all I got was errors.

[root at ollie ~]# ipmitool sensor
Could not open device at /dev/ipmi0 or /dev/ipmi/0 or /dev/ipmidev/0: No such
file or directory
Get Device ID command failed
Unable to open SDR for reading
[root at ollie ~]#

Is it possible that it's not a compatible RAID controller?
Is there any way of seeing which controller is installed?  I tried lspci and
got the following. Is that a compatible controller?

[root at ollie ~]# lspci|grep -i raid
02:00.0 RAID bus controller: Adaptec AAC-RAID (Rocket) (rev 02)
[root at ollie ~]#

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn