Disabling touchpad on Dell Latitude with XFCE

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 18:27:16 UTC 2011

     Hello,

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 8:32 PM, Oliver Ruebenacker <curoli at gmail.com> wrote:
>  I now found that apparently, I have a MultiTouch touchpad. Dell even
> offers a driver for that for Ubuntu, as a gzipped tarball. I suppose
> all I need is a MutliTouch driver for F15. I already found one for
> F13, but it conflicts with my system.

  While the specs on the Dell website called it "MultiTouch", when I
installed all the drivers on Windows, it says there the manufacturer
is Alps Electric. Where can I get a functioning driver for that one?
Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver

--
Oliver Ruebenacker, Computational Cell Biologist
Virtual Cell (http://vcell.org)