fedora repo error with yum

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Nov 12 04:50:29 UTC 2011

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 19:27:39 -0700
Peter Gueckel <pgueckel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > Hard to say without more info. ;)
>
> I edited the fedora.repo, fedora-updates.repo and
> fedora-updates-testing.repo files by uncommenting the baseurl line
> and commenting out the mirrors line and now everything works... but
> why don't the mirrorlists work?
>
> I should add that I am using updates-testing, also.

Well, the problem seems to be that your machine is not accepting the
ssl cert for the fedoraproject web server:

* warning: ignoring unsupported value (1) of ssl.verifyhost
*   CAfile: /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
  CApath: none
* Certificate is signed by an untrusted issuer: 'CN=GeoTrust SSL
CA,O="GeoTrust, Inc.",C=US'
* NSS error -8172

It should out of the box, so something is weird here.

What does:

rpm -q ca-certificates
rpm -V ca-certificates

output?