More stuff doesn't work at boot.

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 00:30:32 UTC 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 12:30 PM, Tom Horsley <horsley1953 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been configuring my f16 partition to make it my primary
> system, and I now have the following set of lines in my
> /etc/rc.d/rc.local script in order to get things to actually
> work correctly after a reboot:
>
> /bin/bash -c 'sleep 5 ; service stunnel restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &
> /bin/bash -c 'sleep 7 ; service postfix restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &
> /bin/bash -c 'sleep 9 ; service httpd restart' > /dev/null 2>&1 < /dev/null &
>
> I sure look forward to the day systemd can actually figure out
> when the network is functional :-).

Are you using NetworkManager?  The default configuration assumes NM
users have the type of connections that aren't always around, and
therefore systemd doesn't wait around for the link to be actually up,
because for many NM users, that could be never.  (Most people with
persistent connections use ifcfg scripts instead, and systemd will
wait for the link to be up in that case.)

To make systemd wait for the the connection to be online, simply
enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service:
systemctl enable NetworkManager-wait-online.service

-T.C.